Disrupted telephone services

The telephone call centre of the City is currently experiencing technical failures. It is therefore sometimes difficult to contact the various services by phone. You can still request your documents online and on the citizen portal External site MyBXL, or make an appointment.


Departure abroad

If you plan to leave the Belgian territory to settle in another country, you must report your departure to the Population Service. In this way, the departure will be registered in the population registers. The certificate of discharge from the Belgian population registers (model 8) will then be issued to you.

How to proceed?

The procedure is the same for Belgian and foreign citizens. This is the last administrative step which must be carried out the day before your departure. You can signal your departure:

  • at the counter of the Population Service (2nd floor)
  • or by sending an e-mail to:
    Information to mention:
    • Name, first name, date and place of birth
    • New address abroad
    • Members of your household affected by the departure
    • The duration of the departure (temporary or permanent)
    • Include a copy of the front and back of your ID or residence card
  • Form for a departure abroad (PDF, 211.79 KB) (in French)
  • Form for a departure abroad (PDF, 185.94 KB) (in Dutch)



Waiting time


Social protection abroad?

More information about your rights:

External site Overseas Social Security

Last update on 20/01/2023

Link to the Your Europe portal

External site Give feedback on this page