If you plan to leave the Belgian territory to settle in another country, you must report your departure to the Population Service. In this way, the departure will be registered in the National Register.
How to proceed?
The procedure is the same for Belgian and foreign citizens. You indicate your departure:
- at the counter of the Population Service (2nd floor)
- or by sending an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Which information to report?
- your complete details (name, first name, date and place of birth, nationality and national register number)
- the date of your departure
- your address abroad
- the duration of your departure (final, temporary)
- a copy of your ID card or residence card
You will receive a Proof of deletion from the population registers (model 8), if necessary electronically, after the withdrawal or cancellation of your card.