The City of Brussels and its Public Welfare Centre (CPAS-OCMW) have an 'Elderly plan'. This action plan aims to offer seniors a city adapted to their needs, with an active participation in life in their neighborhood to break through their isolation.
With this plan and the actions taken, the City of Brussels wants to promote the development of the elderly, improve their living environment and health and encourage their participation in the social life of their municipality.
Particular attention is paid to the basic needs of the elderly:
- having access to information channels
- feeling safe in public places
- actively participating in social and cultural life
- local health care
- decent and adapted housing
- Elderly plan (PDF, 898.68 KB) (in French)
- Elderly plan (PDF, 891.81 KB) (in Dutch)