European Summit in Brussels on 23 and 24 March 2023
On Thursday 23 and Friday 24 March 2023, a European Summit will be held in Brussels in the buildings of the Council of the European Union, at the Rue de la Loi. A safety zone will be set up. Only authorized persons can enter this zone on foot.
The Reyers-Centre tunnel will be closed to traffic from Thursday at 8 am.
Circulation plan - European Summit (PDF, 244.84 KB)
The safety zone will be closed on Thursday 23 March (from 9 am) and Friday 24 March:
- Schuman roundabout
- Rue Froissart from number 101 to 143
- Rue de la Loi, between the Schuman roundabout and the Résidence Palace
- Deliveries will not be possible
- Garbage bags, bicycles and terraces are not allowed within the safety zone
- For security reasons, all windows of the buildings must be closed
With a vehicle:
- the official delegations, with accreditation from the Council services and/or police forces
- the emergency services
- the residents with an accreditation of the police services (access only via the Avenue d'Auderghem)
- the residents registered within the zone need a pass
- the employees and shopkeepers in possession of their ID card and a pass (delivered via their employer)
- persons in possession of a pass and their ID card
The demands are possible via External site www.polbru.be/eurotop-en. Requests must be submitted at least 72 hours before the date of the summit.
Certain streets will only be accessible for local traffic (above ground there will be a parking ban):
- rue Archimède between the rue Stévin and the rond-point Schuman
- avenue de Cortenberg, between the rue Stévin and the rond-point Schuman
- rue de la Loi, between the avenue de la Joyeuse Entrée and the rond-point Schuman
- avenue d'Auderghem, between the rue Belliard and the rond-point Schuman
- rue Breydel
Traffic and parking are strictly prohibited in the safety zone on the above dates and places (with a possible extension), and that for all types of vehicles (car, motorcycle, bicycle, scooter,…):
- in the safety zone
- in the streets with local traffic
- Chaussée d'Etterbeek, between the Rue Belliard and the Rue Van Maerlant
- Rue Van Maerlant
- Rue Belliard, between the Chaussée d'Etterbeek and the Avenue d'Auderghem
The bus lines of the External site STIB and External site De Lijn that drive through the perimeter, are diverted.
More information: 02 279 85 35 or External site European Summit (in French)
An e-mail will be sent with the days and hours for the withdrawal.
For realtime information, follow the tweets of: