Extraordinary European Summit in Brussels on 28 May 2019
On Tuesday 28 May 2019, a European Summit of the Heads of state and Government of the European Union will be held in Brussels in the buildings of the Council of the European Union, at the Rue de la Loi. A safety zone will be set up. Only authorized persons can enter this zone on foot.
The safety zone will be closed on Tuesday 28 May 2019:
- Traffic circle Schuman
- Rue Froissart, between the Rue Belliard and the Traffic circle Schuman
- Rue de la Loi, between the Traffic circle Schuman and 'Residence Palace'
- Rue Juste Lipse
- Deliveries will not be possible
- Garbage bags, bicycles and terraces are not allowed within the safety zone
With a vehicle:
- the official delegations, with accreditation from the Council services and/or police forces
- the emergency services
- the residents with an accreditation of the police services (access only via the Avenue d'Auderghem)
- the residents registered within the zone and in possession of their ID card
- the employees and shopkeepers in possession of their ID card and a pass (delivered via their employer)
- persons in possession of a pass and their ID card
The demands are possible via www.polbru.be/eurotop and must be sent electronically to the police station of the European quarter of the Brussels Capital Ixelles police zone, Boulevard Clovis 10 - 1000 Brussels - 02 279 85 35. The passes will be available there from 20 May 2019.
Certain streets will only be accessible for local traffic (above ground there will be a parking ban):
- rue Archimède between the rue Stévin and the rond-point Schuman
- avenue de Cortenberg, between the rue Stévin and the rond-point Schuman
- rue de la Loi, between the avenue de la Joyeuse Entrée and the rond-point Schuman
- avenue d'Auderghem, between the rue Belliard and the rond-point Schuman
- rue Breydel
Parking will also be forbidden:
- in the safety zone
- in the streets with local traffic
- Chaussée d'Etterbeek, between the Rue Belliard and the Rue Van Maerlant
- Rue Van Maerlant
- Rue Belliard, between the Chaussée d'Etterbeek and the Avenue d'Auderghem
More information: 02 279 85 35 or www.polbru.be
The call centre is open to the public, with distribution of passes, on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, from 8 am to 4 pm and on Thursday from noon to 8 pm. The call centre is insured on Saturdays between 8 am and noon, without distribution of passes.