European Summit in Brussels on 9, 10 and 11 December 2020
On Wednesday 9 (video conference), Thursday 10 and Friday 11 December 2020, a European Summit will be held in Brussels in the buildings of the Council of the European Union, at the Rue de la Loi. A safety zone will be set up. Only authorized persons can enter this zone on foot.
The Reyers-Centre tunnel will be closed on Thursday 10 December (from 9 am) and Friday 11 December 2020.
The safety zone will be closed on Thursday 10 December (from 10 am) and Friday 11 December 2020:
- Schuman roundabout
- Rue Froissart, between the Rue Belliard and the Schuman roundabout
- Rue de la Loi, between the Schuman roundabout and 'Residence Palace'
- Rue Juste Lipse
- Deliveries will not be possible
- Garbage bags, bicycles and terraces are not allowed within the safety zone
With a vehicle:
- the official delegations, with accreditation from the Council services and/or police forces
- the emergency services
- the residents with an accreditation of the police services (access only via the Avenue d'Auderghem)
- the residents registered within the zone and in possession of their ID card
- the employees and shopkeepers in possession of their ID card and a pass (delivered via their employer)
- persons in possession of a pass and their ID card
The demands are possible via www.polbru.be/eurotop. Requests must be submitted at least 48 hours before the date of the summit. They must be sent electronically to the police station of the European quarter of the Brussels Capital Ixelles police zone, Boulevard Clovis 10 - 1000 Brussels - 02 279 85 35. The passes will be available there from 30 November 2020.
Certain streets will only be accessible for local traffic (above ground there will be a parking ban):
- rue Archimède between the rue Stévin and the rond-point Schuman
- avenue de Cortenberg, between the rue Stévin and the rond-point Schuman
- rue de la Loi, between the avenue de la Joyeuse Entrée and the rond-point Schuman
- avenue d'Auderghem, between the rue Belliard and the rond-point Schuman
- rue Breydel
Parking will also be forbidden:
- in the safety zone
- in the streets with local traffic
- Chaussée d'Etterbeek, between the Rue Belliard and the Rue Van Maerlant
- Rue Van Maerlant
- Rue Belliard, between the Chaussée d'Etterbeek and the Avenue d'Auderghem
For security reasons, all windows of the buildings must be closed.
More information: 02 279 85 35 or European Summit (in French)
The call centre is open to the public (from 30 November), with distribution of passes, on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, from 8 am to 4 pm and on Thursday from noon to 8 pm. And on Saturday from 8 am till noon, without distribution of passes.
For realtime information, follow the tweets of: