Marriage is the act whereby you formalize your bond in front of the Officer of the Civil Registry.
The offices of the Marriage and Legal Cohabitation Service are only accessible by appointment. It is also possible that your file can be handled remotely.
Make an appointment online or contact the service. The Marriage Service remains available by telephone from 8:30 am to noon and from 1 pm to 3:30 pm for questions, cancellation or postponement of the marriage.
To marry in Brussels, it is necessary that one of the fiancees is registered in the City of Brussels and that the marriage declaration is made within the period prescribed by law.
How to apply?
At the counter (the presence of the two cohabitants is required).
- ID card
- Marriage declaration: the documents requested at the first informational meeting
- A week before the wedding:
- a copy of the ID card of the possible witnesses
- the possible presence certificate of a certified translator
- 25 euros for the marriage declaration (payment preferably via Bancontact)
- 25 euros for the wedding book (payment preferably via Bancontact)
- Fridays and Saturdays (marriages without a fixed time): free (the hour of the ceremony will be announced 10 days before the celebration)
- Fridays and Saturdays (marriages with a fixed time): 250 euros per tranche of 20 minutes. You have access to the courtyard, the balcony and you immediately get the hour of the ceremony.
The marriage can be celebrated between the 14th day after the marriage declaration and up to 6 months and 14 days after this date.
The City of Brussels celebrates jubilees with residence on its territory by organizing a reception in their honor on the occasion of their 50th, 60th, 65th and 70th wedding anniversary: