Naming the roads and paths of Haren
In 2020, the residents of Haren could submit names for 11 of their paths and roads. They suggested a total of 76 names. A jury composed of employees from the administration, the Office of the Alderwoman, the Toponymy service and a resident made a choice.
The new names that were chosen for the paths and roads:
- Chemin des Asperges - Aspergesweg
- Chemin des Trois Niveaux - Drie Niveausweg
- Chemin des Machinistes - Machinistenweg
- Sentier du Dépôt - Stelplaatsweg
- Le Raccourci - De Binnendoor
- Chemin du Verger - Boomgaardweg
- Chemin des Tournesols - Zonnebloemweg
- Chemin du Marécage - Kikkerpoelweg
- Chemin des Petits Pas - Kleine Stapjesweg
- Chemin du Têtard - Dikkopweg
- Map with roads and paths of Haren (PDF, 198.30 KB)
On Thursday 17 September 2020, the City presented the results of the Vademecum study on the development of paths and roads in Haren. A participatory process for naming the paths and roads was started as well (from 17 September to 30 October 2020).
- Vademecum of the trails and paths of Haren (in French)