Naturalisation is an exceptional favour granted to persons over 18 years of age or emancipated persons applying for naturalisation to the House of Representatives.
To have one's main residence on the territory of the City of Brussels
4 conditions must be fulfilled:
- To have reached the age of 18 or to have been emancipated before that age
- Be a legal resident of Belgium at the time of the application for naturalisation
- Have shown or be able to show exceptional merit to Belgium in the scientific, sporting or socio-cultural fields and, as a result, be able to make a particular contribution to Belgium's international reputation
- Give reasons why it is almost impossible for you to acquire Belgian nationality by making a declaration of nationality
- Obtain the request form and the information from your local municipality
- Collect the documents that must accompany your application, translated and legalised if necessary
- Submit your application yourself to the Clerk of the House of Representatives - Citizenship Department
- By e-mail to email@example.com stating your national number
- By calling 02 279 34 60
- By appointment, at the counter of the Administrative Centre of the City of Brussels
The necessary documents are listed on the request form obtained from your municipality.
Registration duty to be paid to the External site FPS Finance: 150 euros (except for minors)
The total time of the naturalisation procedure is not legally defined.
External site Nationality (in French, FPS Justice)
Last update on 31/10/2022