New Bois de la Cambre mobility plan
A new mobility plan at the Bois de la Cambre (Ter Kamerenbos) came into effect on Monday 14 December 2020.
The City of Brussels, the municipalities of Ixelles, Watermael-Boitsfort, Uccle, Linkebeek, Sint-Genesius-Rode and the Brussels-Capital Region decided to test the following mobility plan around the Bois de la Cambre:
- Mobility plan Bois de la Cambre - Ter Kamerenbos (PDF, 1.54 MB)
Since 14 December 2020:
- Maintain dual-direction car traffic on the Avenue Diane from Monday to Saturday, between the Avenue Louise and the Avenue de la Belle Alliance, with one lane in the north-south direction and two lanes in the south-north direction.
- Provide access to the south loop from the Drève de Lorraine in the direction of the Avenue Franklin Roosevelt with the Avenue de Boitsfort - Avenue du Brésil route in double direction from Monday to Friday without time restrictions with one lane towards the Avenue de Boitsfort and one lane towards the Drève de Lorraine.
- A bus lane on the Avenue de Boitsfort from the Sentier des écureuils in the direction of the Drève de Lorraine. And a bus lane in the direction of the Avenue du Brésil, halfway the Avenue de Boitsfort from the Sentier des écureuils to the Avenue du Champs de Course.
- Two-way bicycle lane on the Avenue de Boitsfort, on the side of the forest.
- Closure of traffic on the Avenue du Panorama, Avenue de Groenendael and Avenue de la Sapinière.
- Deviating from the aforementioned measures: closure of the south loop during the school holidays which are officially common to both language communities, except during the summer holidays when the closure will be applied between 15 July and 15 August. Bus 41 can access the south loop from Monday to Friday during the official joint school holidays of both language communities.
- Deviating from the aforementioned measures: all streets of the Bois de la Cambre are closed to traffic on Sundays and public holidays.
- The two parking zones remain accessible at all times via the Avenue de la Belle Alliance and the Avenue de l'Orée.
The partners commit to:
- select an engineering office after a public tender and submitted to the Brussels border municipalities, as well as chosen by a jury consisting of a representative from each of these municipalities. In addition to mobility studies, this office will also be responsible for the participation and consultation aspect.
- have the Region introduce local mobility contracts, in collaboration with the municipalities, for the implementation of Good Move in the neighborhoods. In the case of the Bois de la Cambre, the Region, the City of Brussels and the municipalities will be part of a similar consultation procedure with the inhabitants and the actors of the zone provided by the Local Mobility Contracts (LMC).
- strengthen cooperation between the police zones of Brussels-Capital-Ixelles and Uccle/W-B and Auderghem so that all measures can become the subject of consultation and monitoring.
- evaluate the effectiveness of the car counting only after teleworking will no longer be compulsory by decision of the federal government.