Fireworks - New Year's Eve
This event has already passed
On Saturday 31 December 2022 at the Place des Palais.
The City of Brussels celebrates New Year's Eve with fireworks at the Place des Palais.
Thanks to the security measures in place, access will be possible from 11 pm. The organisers invite spectators to arrive as early as possible in one of the three zones ( Map BXL New Year's Eve 2022 (PDF, 468.56 KB)):
- zone A: the Place des Palais, with access via the Rue Royale (at the intersection with the Place des Palais)
- Zone B: Place du Trône, with access via Porte de Namur/Boulevard du Régent
- Zone C: Parc de Bruxelles, with two accesses: via Rue Royale and Rue de la Loi (at the intersection with Rue Ducale)
To ensure that access to these areas is as smooth as possible, checks will be carried out at the entrances: backpacks and large objects will be prohibited. The same will apply to glass bottles, dangerous objects and the private use of firecrackers and fireworks, by police order.
Various streets will be closed:
From 2 pm: Place des Palais
From 8 pm: Rue Ducale between Rue de la Loi and Boulevard du Régent
From 9 pm:
- Rue Royale between Rue de la Loi and Place Royale
- Boulevard du Régent between Rue Lambermont and Rue Ducale
- Avenue des Arts between Rue du Luxembourg and Rue Belliard
- Rue Montoyer between Rue du Commerce and Avenue des Arts
- Rue de la Pépinière between Rue du Namur and Place du Trône
The organisers strongly encourage spectators to get to the event by public transport.
As far as the STIB is concerned, several metro, tram and bus lines will be affected. Here is some information:
- The metro stations Parc (from 8 pm) and Trône (from 10 pm) will be closed
- Metro and tram lines, as well as the T-bus shuttle buses that are currently replacing some tram lines, will run until 2 am
- Noctis buses will run from midnight to 5 am
- The STIB will communicate useful information in real time and via the website and the application
- The metro, trams and buses will be free of charge from midnight to 5 am
A reminder: as cycling is also a possibility, bicycle racks will be installed at the Place Royale and Boulevard du Régent, between Porte de Namur and Place du Trône.
An area will be provided for people with reduced mobility on the Cour d'Arbitrage (corner Rue Duale/Place des Palais, Royal Palace side).
Map BXL New Year's Eve 2022 (PDF, 468.56 KB)
For realtime information about security, follow the tweets of the Brussels Capital Ixelles police zone: