The City of Brussels and the Public Welfare Centre of Brussels have concrete sustainable development commitments and measures. The goal of sustainable development is to reconcile economic, social and environmental aspects of human activities.
The Agenda 21 is an action plan that contains the priorities of sustainable development of the City and the CPAS.
It contains more than 150 action sheets organized around five goals and spread over 24 areas of intervention. These actions are subject to an annual review. This plan defines a code of conduct for municipal employees, local government, users and citizens.
The details and the documents of the action plans and their goals are only available in Dutch and French.
Each year, the City of Brussels launches a call for projects for sustainable initiatives on its territory.
Winners of the call for projects
- Winners of the 2020 call for projects Initiatives for sustainable projects (PDF, 145.28 KB) (in Dutch)
- Winners of the 2020 call for projects Initiatives for sustainable projects (PDF, 142.56 KB) (in French)
- Winners of the 2019 call for projects Initiatives for sustainable projects (PDF, 88.33 KB) (in French and Dutch)
- Lauréats de l'appel à projets Initiatives Durables 2018 (PDF, 112.52 KB) (in French)
- Laureaten projectoproep Initiatieven voor Duurzaamheid 2018 (PDF, 115.10 KB) (in Dutch)
- Lauréats de l'appel à projets Initiatives Durables 2017 (PDF, 87.24 KB) (in French)
- Laureaten projectoproep Initiatieven voor Duurzaamheid 2017 (PDF, 102.66 KB) (in Dutch)
Would you like more information about these organizations? Then contact the Climate Unit.
Maintaining good air quality becomes more important in the City of Brussels. These articles are aimed at any citizen wishing to learn about air pollution. In connection with the health crisis, a section has been attributed to the impact of the lockdown on air quality in Brussels:
- Covid-19: bonne nouvelle pour la qualité de l'air ? (PDF, 188.43 KB) (in French)
- La qualité de l'air: ce qu'il faut savoir ! (PDF, 380.19 KB) (in French)