The City of Brussels has developed a Climate Plan. The aim of the plan is to be carbon neutral by 2050 and adapt the city to climate change.
- Climate Plan for the territory of the City of Brussels (PDF, 2.23 MB) (in French)
- Climate Plan for the territory of the City of Brussels - summary document (PDF, 1.20 MB) (in French)
- Climate Plan for the territory of the City of Brussels (PDF, 2.03 MB) (in Dutch)
- Climate Plan for the territory of the City of Brussels - summary document (PDF, 1.89 MB) (in Dutch)
The Thematic Action Plan validated by the Board of Mayor and Aldermen on 1 December 2022 (in French):
- actions - Administration (PDF, 207.53 KB)
- actions - Food (PDF, 232.81 KB)
- actions - Biodiversity (PDF, 263.81 KB)
- actions - Waste (PDF, 168.78 KB)
- actions - Water (PDF, 157.72 KB)
- actions - Economy (PDF, 146.51 KB)
- actions - Energy (PDF, 202.58 KB)
- actions - Events (PDF, 173.48 KB)
- actions - Gouvernance (PDF, 157.06 KB)
- actions - Youth (PDF, 276.21 KB)
- actions - Mobility (PDF, 220.04 KB)
The call for expression of interest aims at identifying actors in the different themes of the Climate Plan who wish to join the driving group of the Local Climate Assembly, called 'Steering Coalition'.
The Local Climate Assembly will be responsible for steering and monitoring the territory's climate objectives. It will also ensure that the dynamics are amplified by developing the action plan and by federating a maximum number of actors around the climate objectives.
Call for expression of interest - Steering Coalition - Local Climate Assembly (PDF, 276.38 KB) (in French)
How to apply?
Expressions of interest must be submitted by 16 April 2023 via the online form:
In 2021 and 2022, a broad participatory process has been set up to identify citizens' concerns and recommendations on the climate policy in Brussels. The City of Brussels created a moment of dialogue allowing the actors of its territory to take a strategic place in this process.
- External site Timeline and full report of the participatory process (via the faireBXLsamen platform, in French and Dutch)
- Climate Plan - report - results of citizen participation - December 2021 (PDF) (in French)
- Climate Plan - report - results of citizen participation - December 2021 (PDF, 1.61 MB) (in Dutch)
Climate Plan (2018)
Brochure of the Climate Plan 2018 (PDF, 15.10 MB) (in French)
The Agenda 21 is an action plan that contains the priorities of sustainable development of the City and the CPAS.
It contains more than 150 action sheets organized around five goals and spread over 24 areas of intervention. These actions are subject to an annual review. This plan defines a code of conduct for municipal employees, local government, users and citizens.
The details and the documents of the action plans and their goals are only available in Dutch and French.
Brusseleir from February 2023 (PDF, 4.41 MB) (in French, pages 4 to 8)