In Brussels, trainings are organized for job-seekers and workers.
Brussels Formation is the regional body loaded with the vocational training of job-seekers and workers to allow them to qualify themselves in a profession, to perfect in a function or to move into another profession.
The on-line database DORIFOR lists all the trainings for adults in the Brussels Region, whoever is the operator of the training.
Febisp (Brussels Federation of social and occupational insertion and social economy of insertion) puts on-line a database of the trainings in social and occupational insertion organized by its members.
Training in Dutch:
The Employment Centre of the City of Brussels provides the following services:
- a general reception for the Job House of the City of Brussels
- employment and training fairs
- digital public spaces and computer courses in Brussels, Laeken and Neder-Over-Heembeek
- proximity services: mediators in the Bockstael quarter, an employment space in Neder-Over-Heembeek
- social assistance in the Marolles and Brussels-centre
- an Employment Bus in the streets of Brussels to offer advice and help in finding work
- the JOBrusseleir: a magazine with news of the Job House of the City and its partners
- tools to facilitate the job search: brochures, website,...
Brussels Formation is the centre of information, documentation and advice in vocational training of Brussels Formation. It informs about the possibilities of training in the Brussels region. At the conclusion of an individual interview, the advisers bring to every job-seeker, the most adequate answer taking into account a set of parameters: age, duration of inactivity, basic qualification, motivation...
The Local Mission has a service of orientation which allows the persons who wish it to identify the vocational guidance which answers best to their aspiration.
The SIEP (Information department on the Studies and the Occupations) is one asbl which collects and spreads all the information about the studies, trainings and occupations. It publishes very complete guides (by level of study, by profession, by sector) and organizes consultations of information and orientation.
Information and orientation in Dutch:
It is henceforth possible to validate a degree of a profession in an approved centre of validation. One can obtain a title of skill which will increase the chances to pick up an employment.
The list of the professions and the centres of validation are accessible on www.validationdescompetences.be.