Action Plan for Equality between Women and Men
The new 'BXL Feminist' action plan for equality between men and women runs for the 2020-2022 period. This action plan, in its 4th edition, is based on the evaluations of the years 2016 and 2018.
The External site Council of European Municipalities and Regions (CEMR) proposed a European Charter for Equality of Women and Men in local life. That charter was approved in 2011 by the City Council of the City of Brussels. In 2014, the City thus made its first 'Action Plan for Equality between Women and Men'.
Campaigns and actions
In addition to awareness-raising campaigns, the 2020-2022 plan provides for numerous actions in various areas, including:
- Development of 'gender budgeting': this innovative concept aims to evaluate and classify budget lines with a gender perspective. It consists of measuring the real impact of expenses on women and men and proposing corrective measures to compensate for any differences.
- Equality education in schools: actions and activities to deconstruct gender stereotypes from an early age (plays, films and exhibitions).
- Strengthening the representation of women in public space: the City of Brussels wants to increase the number of squares, parks and streets named after women.
- Action Plan for Equality between Women and Men 2020-2022 (PDF, 5.34 MB) (in French)
- Action Plan for Equality between Women and Men 2020-2022 (PDF, 5.46 MB) (in Dutch)