Coronavirus measures

The City of Brussels has taken several decisions in order to best respect the measures of the federal government in the fight against the coronavirus (Covid-19). More info: coronavirus measures by the City of Brussels.


Certificate of military service

Since 1 January 2006, certificates of military service are not demanded anymore for jobs at the State, province and municipality. Nevertheless, a certificate of military service can still be asked, for example for the pension.

How to apply?

For the pension

If a certificate of military service is asked for the pension, a written demand can be sent to:

  • Extrait de matricule
    Ministère de la Défense Nationale - Sous Section notariat
    Quartier Reine Astrid
    Rue Bruyn 1
    1120 Brussels
    Tel.: 02 264 63 47
    Tel. 2: 02 263 64 48

For a minor military candidate

A minor military candidate (not emancipated) will be asked to produce a certificate of military service. He will then have to appear personally at the Militia Service of the City:

  • With ID card
  • Provided with the request form
  • Accompanied necessarily by one of the parent with whom he resides (provided also with ID card) or of a third person exercising the parental authority (provided also with ID card and with a document indicating his parental authority).


  • Free

Waiting time

  • Immediatley