Midi Station Urban renewal contract
The Midi Station Urban renewal contract is a regional action program on the territory of the municipalities of Saint-Gilles, Anderlecht and the City of Brussels.
This program will finance part of the regional ambitions of the Midi PAD-RPA construction master plan by working as a priority on the density of the network and the improvement and greening of public spaces.
Housing and local and metropolitan facilities will contribute to the social, economic and ecological transition of the quarter and the Region.
Perimeter of the Midi Station URC
- 2021-2022: preparation of the program (diagnosis, challenges, program)
- 2023-2027: elaboration
- 2028-2030: implementation
Other initiatives at the Midi quarter
Simultaneously with the Urban renewal contract, several initiatives are currently underway in and around the Midi quarter.
Within the perimeter:
- External site Midi PAD-RPA construction master plan, which offers a strategic vision for the development of the quarter
- External site Midi Sustainable District Contract, in which the local challenges of the quarter are central
- Two local mobility contracts (LMC), at the 'ParviS-VoorpleinEN' and Cureghem quarters, which allows to reduce traffic
On the edge of the perimeter:
- External site CRU 4 'Avenue du Roi' in the municipalities of Forest and Saint-Gilles and the 'Heyvaert-Poincaré' Urban renewal contract in the municipalities of the City of Brussels, Anderlecht and Molenbeek
- External site Ulenspiegel school contract at Saint-Gilles
Other public (Region, municipalities, Citydev, STIB, NMBS, Infrabel...) and private investments are also planned.
A participatory process takes place throughout the entire program drafting period through:
- A consultation of public actors and associations to use their field expertise and thematic workshops
- An analysis of the terrain
- A participatory walk (27 November 2021) and thematic workshops
- A citizens' forum - general assembly
- Midi Station Urban renewal contract (in French and Dutch)