Home modification bonus for people with disabilities
The City of Brussels has a municipal bonus for modifying a home occupied by a person with a disability.
To receive this grant, applicants must meet certain conditions:
- a resident of the City of Brussels
- in possession of a recognized certificate of permanent disability, issued by the External site Directorate General for Disabled Persons or admitted to the regional External site PHARE or External site VAPH services
- to inhabit the house as an owner, tenant or usufructuary
The planned changes should aim to facilitate the daily lives of persons with disabilities and preserve their autonomy. The planned adjustment works must be in proportion to the recognized disability and have to relate to:
- motorization of roller shutters and doors
- installing a stair lift or elevator platform
- changes to the access of the house
- the adaptation of the bathroom
- modification of the electrical installation
How to apply?
Applications must be submitted to the Housing Office of the City. The forms and the regulation are only available in Dutch and French.