Mandatory integration programme for newcomers in Brussels
The Brussels Capital Region has set up a compulsory and free integration course to inform and guide newcomers.
What is an integration programme?
The integration programme consists of:
- a welcome programme, during which your needs in terms of housing, income, healthcare,... are assessed
- a training course on citizenship and society
- language lessons if needed: Dutch or French lessons
A person is obliged to follow the integration programme if he or she:
- registers for the first time in the foreigners' register of a municipality in Brussels with a residence permit for more than 3 months
- is between 18 and 65 years of age
- has been legally residing in Belgium for less than 3 years
Where to follow the integration programme?
To follow an integration programme, the newcomer has to turn to one of the welcome offices recognised in Brussels:
- BAPA BXL in Brussels
- External site BAPA Convivial in Forest
- External site BAPA VIA in Molenbeek or Schaerbeek
- External site BON in Brussels, Schaerbeek or Anderlecht