Bapa BXL: welcoming newcomers
Bapa BXL is a French-language reception agency for newcomers in the Brussels Capital Region. The agency focuses on a social policy aimed at increasing the social, economic and cultural participation of these newcomers.
- being over 18 years old
- being registered in the foreigners' register of a municipality of the Brussels Capital Region
- staying legally in Belgium for less than 3 years
- being in possession of a residence permit valid for more than 3 months
External site Bapa BXL offers the following services:
- a friendly welcome to newcomers, listening, giving useful information about the aid and services in Brussels, about the rights and duties of all persons living in Belgium
- a social report in the language of the newcomer to determine their achievements, socioeconomic needs (housing, living, health, work,...) and an assessment of their knowledge of the French language
- personal social support tailored to the needs of newcomers, referral to appropriate support services (work, training,...)
- free French courses (literacy, French as a foreign language)
- citizenship training
- a certificate for the completed course recognized for the Belgian nationality application
Bapa BXL also establishes partnerships with the associations in Brussels.
Integration courses in Dutch: