Place Emile Bockstael inauguration
This event has already passed
On Sunday 27 June 2021, from 11 am, at the Place Emile Bockstael.
Thanks to the Bockstael sustainable district contract, the Place Emile Bockstael and its surroundings have been given a different face. It is the end of a one-year project, an investment of 2.6 million euros and a long participatory process with the residents and actors of the neighbourhood. It is now a brand new public space, greener, friendlier and safer for the people of Laeken - Brussels.
On Sunday 27 June, the square will be celebrated with a program of activities open to all: participatory, fun, sports and musical activities to discover with your family or neighbours. The official inauguration will be held at 2 pm. At 3:30 pm, the CyCLO Point Vélo Bockstael will be inaugurated.
- 11h-18h. Duck fishing, wooden games, make-up, bookswap salon and other creative activities in the Kids zone
- 11h-18h. Kart & pana with LART
- 11h-18h. Radio Marie-Christine live on the square: music, testimonials and interviews
- 11h-17h. Bicycle check-up workshop (Point Vélo Bockstael, CyCLO)
- 11h30, 12h15 and 13h. Workshop choreography with Impulsion Danse (3x30min)
- 13h30 and 15h. Fanfare Batuqueria
- 14h. Speech
- 14h15. Dance show with Impulsion Danse (with the audience who participated in the workshop) + family photo
- 15h-18h. Playbox (box with sports games)
- 15h30. CyCLO Point Vélo Bockstael inauguration
- 15h30-17h. Guided visit to discover the neighborhood (see Three bike rides)
- 16h. Circus performance To Bee Queen (Cie Lady Cocktail)
- 15h-18h. Participatory murals #bockstaelstories with artist Lensk and photographer Géraldine Thomas
Tour 1 - The District Contract: Bockstael and its "flagship project", the opening of a new city park
- Departure 15h15, duration 45 minutes, maximum 15 people
Tour 2 - "Les Hirond'Elles" (cycling initiation courses for women) shows the treasures of Laeken
- Departure at 15h30, duration 2 hours, maximum 25 people
Tour 3 - The District Contract: from the Place Emile Bockstael to the canal, from one pocket park to another
- Departure 16h30, duration 45 minutes, maximum 15 people
The departure will take place at the Place Bockstael (near the Cyclo mobile workshop)
- Tour 1: 15h15
- Tour 2: 15h30
- Tour 3: 16h30
The places are limited. To register: send your names, e-mail and telephone by e-mail to:
- firstname.lastname@example.org (before Thursday 24 June 2021 at 4 pm)
It's not too late on Sunday 27 June. Then come on site before 1 pm (Cyclo mobile workshop).
Don't have a bicycle? Then report it in advance by e-mail. We will find one with our partner Cyclo.