View your route
By car, by bike or on foot: the Anyways app allows you to view your future route after the introduction of the new circulation plan.
Indicate your point of departure and arrival on the map or enter your address in the search bar at the top. You will be given the distance and duration of the route on foot, by bike or by car. For cyclists, there is a 'direct route' which indicates the shortest distance, and a 'comfort route' which avoids cobbled roads as much as possible:
If you are travelling to Brussels by car, use a route planner such as Google or Waze. If you are using a different route planner, make sure it is updated.
Fold-out maps of the quarters
You can also download one of the 4 fold-out maps (Z-CARD) here. Each neighbourhood in the Pentagon has its own map with practical information such as how to get there easily by car, bike or public transport, as well as tips from locals:
- Dansaert, Sainte-Catherine and Marché aux Poissons Quarter (PDF, 6.32 MB)
- Marolles and Sablon (PDF, 5.71 MB)
- Saint-Jacques and Îlot Sacré Quarter (PDF, 6.86 MB)
- Quartier des Libertés (PDF, 12.05 MB)
Would you like a paper version to take with you everywhere? Printed copies are also available at many shops in the Pentagon, as well as at the following 10 locations:
- Muntpunt Library
- Ancienne Belgique
- City Hall
- Royal Museums of Fine Arts of Belgium
- Palais du Midi
- Théâtre National Wallonie-Bruxelles
- Royal Flemish Theatre (KVS)
- Museum of the City of Brussels
With public transport
The centre of Brussels is already well served by underground and pre-metro trains:
- Lines 1 and 5 cross the centre from east to west
- Lines 3 and 4 connect the north and south of the city
- Lines 2 and 6 circle the centre on the inner ring road
The above-ground public transport lines are currently unchanged, but improvements may eventually take place for the benefit of mobility and public transport, as part of the Good Move mobility plan.
For the ideal route with public transport:
More info and frequently asked questions (FAQ)?
Do you have any questions? Or need info? Call 0800 35 230 (open from Monday to Friday from 9 am to 6 pm).