Car Free Sunday in Brussels on 19 September 2021
On Sunday 19 September 2021, Brussels organizes its traditional Car Free Sunday. From 9:30 am till 7 pm, motor vehicles are not allowed in the Brussels Region, including the City of Brussels.
Only urgent services, vehicles of public interest and persons with a pass can circulate in the zones where car traffic is forbidden. Electric bikes are allowed.
Public transport (STIB-MIVB) is accessible free of charge.
More info on public transport:
A pass can be delivered to individuals from 9 August 2021 to 10 September 2021 (at 12:15 pm), for companies from 19 July to 10 September 2021 (at 12:15 pm). Attention, this demand of dispensation must be duly motivated.
The ring of Brussels will be open to traffic. Only the exits to reach the territory of the Region will be closed.
Are authorized to circulate on the condition of respecting the limit of 30 kph:
- vehicles of public transport ( STIB, TEC, De Lijn)
- vehicles of emergency services
- vehicles of public interest
- press vehicles (with sign)
- vehicles of minibus type (8 + 1 places) bearing the initials HORECA
- disabled provided with the special card (article 27.4.3 d of the royal Order of December 1st, 1975 concerning general regulation of the road traffic police)
- vehicles with a license plate CD (diplomatic corps)
- people with a pass delivered by the authorities
The Week of Mobility is organized in the Brussels Region and, also:
During the Car Free Sunday, lots of events take place in Brussels. A schedule is available at the bottom of this page.