Climate call for projects 2024
The City of Brussels has a budget to encourage climate projects on its territory. Submit your project no later than 31 May 2024.
At the end of 2022, the City of Brussels adopted its new Climate Plan. The objectives for the city's territory are clear and ambitious:
- reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 55% by 2030
- achieve carbon neutrality by 2050
- better arm the territory against climate change
Energy, mobility, waste, water...: all these areas are covered by this broad action plan. Thanks to the plan, the City continues and expands its efforts to combat climate emergency and invites you to do your bit.
Do you have a project that encourages or facilitates eco-friendly lifestyles or development? Does your initiative help the city and its citizens achieve these climate goals now or in the future? Respond to the project call and we can support you with a grant.
Who can participate?
- A natural person who is of age and legal capacity
- An association: a residents' group, a neighborhood committee, a parent committee,...
- A non-profit organisation or an association with legal personality
- An educational institution or childcare
- An SME
And resident or with registered office on the territory of the City of Brussels.
Propose a project that makes Brussels a more sustainable and resilient city against climate change. It may involve the following themes: renovation and energy, nature and biodiversity, mobility and air quality, water, waste and resources, sustainable food and urban agriculture, economic transition and solidarity, events, culture and tourism, children, young people and raising awareness.
Depending on the category of your project, the grants amount to 40,000 euros.
How to participate?
Submit your project between 1 February and 31 May 2024. Download the application form, complete it and mail it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The jury will meet at least two times during the life of this call to select the winners:
- If the application is sent in between 1 February and 31 March, it will be analysed at the first jury meeting
- If the application is sent in between 1 April and 31 May, it will be analysed at the second jury meeting
It is recommended to submit your project as early as possible during the project call. If the jury selected a large number of quality projects during the first selection meetings, competition for the grant may increase as the closing date of the project call approaches.