Criminal Record Extract
The Criminal Record Extract (extract from the police record, certificate of good conduct) is a document listing any possible condemnations to which a person has been convicted.
- via MyBXL
- in case of absolute necessity: at the counter and by appointment on 02 279 62 20
The type of extract depends on the reason for the application:
- Model 595: basic model issued in the absence of model 596-1 or 596-2 (article 595 of the Criminal Investigation Code)
- Model 596-1: model intended for the exercise of a regulated activity (e.g. taxi driver, private detective, football steward,...) or for obtaining an authorisation to possess a weapon or a fishing permit
- Model 596-2: model intended for the exercise of an 'activity that falls within the scope of education, psycho-medico-social guidance, youth assistance, child protection, animation or supervision of minors' (article 596, paragraph 2, of the Code of Criminal Investigation)
Living on the territory of the City of Brussels.
How to apply?
- Online via MyBXL
- At the counter of the Administrative Centre of the City of Brussels or at the liaison offices of Laeken, Neder-Over-Heembeek and Louise
ID document (+ mandate (PDF, 29.05 KB) and a copy of the identity document of the person concerned if the application is made by a third party. Attention, the mandate serves only for the demand of the extract. The extract itself is sent by post to the place of residence of the person concerned.)
- 20 euros for the legalization if the document is to be used abroad (outside the European Union)
If the certificate is to be used in Belgium: immediately (except for a model intended for the exercise of an activity involving contacts with minors: 5 working days).
If the certificate is to be used abroad (outside the European Union): 5 working days.