Criminal Record Extract
The Criminal Record Extract (extract from the police record, certificate of good conduct) is a document listing any possible condemnations to which a person has been convicted.
The type of extract depends on the reason for the application:
- Model 595: basic model issued in the absence of model 596-1 or 596-2 (article 595 of the Criminal Investigation Code)
- Model 596-1: model intended for the exercise of a regulated activity (e.g. taxi driver, private detective, football steward,...) or for obtaining an authorisation to possess a weapon or a fishing permit
- Model 596-2: model intended for the exercise of an 'activity that falls within the scope of education, psycho-medico-social guidance, youth assistance, child protection, animation or supervision of minors' (article 596, paragraph 2, of the Code of Criminal Investigation)
Living on the territory of the City of Brussels.
- Online via MyBXL
- At the counter of the Administrative Centre of the City of Brussels or at the liaison offices of Laeken, Neder-Over-Heembeek and Louise
ID document (+ mandate (PDF, 29.05 KB) and a copy of the identity document of the person concerned if the application is made by a third party. Attention, the mandate serves only for the demand of the extract. The extract itself is sent by post to the place of residence of the person concerned.)
- 20 euros for the legalization if the document is to be used abroad (outside the European Union)
If the certificate is to be used in Belgium: immediately (except for a model intended for the exercise of an activity involving contacts with minors: 5 working days).
If the certificate is to be used abroad (outside the European Union): 5 working days.