Foreign certificates and judgments
If you want to register a foreign certificate (deed) or judgment in the National Register, you must make an appointment with the Foreign Certificates Service.
The relevant certificates are:
- the foreign marriage certificates or foreign decisions of divorce
- any foreign certificate or judgment changing the personal status (for example, a certificate of name change)
Please note: an appointment with the Population Service is required in the following cases:
- the registration of the birth certificate of a child born abroad
- a date of birth modification
- removal from the National Register of a member of the family who died abroad (with a foreign death certificate)
How to apply?
Only by appointment:
- make an appointment online
- or by phone at 02 279 22 11
- ID card
- Original certificate or judgment (legalized or with an apostille)
- Translation of the submitted documents by a sworn translator if the certificate or judgment is not in French or Dutch