New PIN code for an electronic card
When your new electronic ID or foreigner card was created, the producer sent you a letter containing your codes (PIN and PUK).
Your electronic card has already been activated and you no longer know the PIN and/or PUK codes? You can request new codes.
Living on the territory of the City of Brussels (main residence).
How to apply?
You have forgotten your PIN but you still have your PUK code?
You can have the PIN code of your ID card reactivated immediately, without appointment at the counter of the Administrative Centre of the City of Brussels or the liaison offices of Laeken, Louise, Haren and Neder-Over-Heembeek (with your PIN code and your electronic card).
You can't remember your PIN or your PUK code?
The procedure depends on the model of your electronic card:
1. Older models of electronic cards
You can order new codes for these old card models:
- Online at the External site website of the Federal Public Service Home Affairs - Directorate-General for Identity and Citizenship
- At the counter of the Administrative Centre of the City of Brussels or the liaison offices of Laeken, Louise, Haren and Neder-Over-Heembeek, without appointment
In both cases, the City services will receive the codes within 15 working days.
You will receive an invitation to collect your new codes at the counter.
You can have your PIN code changed at the counter. This way you can choose a code that is easier for you to remember.
2. New models of electronic cards
These new card models can be obtained without appointment at the counter of the Administrative Centre and the liaison offices of Laeken, Louise, Neder-Over-Heembeek and Haren.
Your ID card will be reactivated immediately with the new PIN code you choose.
- Electronic ID or foreigner card
- PUK code, if you know it
- With your PUK code: immediately at the counter
- Without the PUK code and if the card is an old model: 4 working days and 5 working days for a delivery in a liaison office
- Without the PUK code and if the card is a new model: immediately at the counter