The City of Brussels has various services, grants and projects for associations.
The Dutch-language cultural associations and institutions are represented in the:
The House of Families is a space which may be used by associations and local initiatives.
The City of Brussels has 6 Advisory Councils. These councils focus on specific areas or audiences. The members often consist of associations.
The Jeunesse à Bruxelles association rents the premises it uses itself: the Salle de la Jeunesse (close to the Place Sainte-Catherine), the Salle de la Clé (Quai de l'Industrie) and the domain of Combreuil (close to Ronquières). More info on the renting of these premises for associations:
- Jeunesse à Bruxelles - location infrastructures (in French)
Sports halls, fields and venues of the City of Brussels can be rented as well:
Within its car fleet, the City of Brussels has buses intended for the transport from schools or others. When the City does not make use of these vehicles, they are also given to associations developing projects in favour of the population of the City.
The adoption of a regulation of provision of buses indicated the will to grant priority to services of the City, as well as to those of the CPAS. During school holidays (summer, Christmas and Easter holidays), they are thus used for activities of the City.
However, the adoption of this regulation allowed to treat others in an equal way (associations of Brussels with a seat situated on the territory of the City of Brussels and that work in favour of the population). Any association which wants to benefit from a bus (PDF, 7.92 KB), from a small van (PDF, 7.98 KB) or from a truck (PDF, 7.91 KB), gets the same chances. The number of provisions is however limited to 4 a year.
- Regulation of provision of buses, small vans and trucks (PDF, 26.28 KB)
A regulation of internal order (PDF, 12.47 KB) which applies to all the users of the municipal buses. This regulation aims at assuring a maximal safety, in particular by giving responsibilities to the guides. These guides have to watch:
- that every passenger sits during the whole route
- that there is no luggage inside the bus
- the preservation of the cleanliness within the bus, so that it returns to the warehouse in the same state as it has gone out
- the strict respect for schedules and time of driving
The disregard of these measures can, on decision of the Board of Mayor and Aldermen, result in penalties:
- the cleaning or the restoration of the bus at the expense of the group
- the temporary or definitive refusal of renting a bus