Coronavirus measures


Foodservice - catering industry permits

Foodservice or catering businesses (horeca) on the territory of the City of Brussels are subject to specific regulations. The most important elements are included in the 'Regulation on the operation of a catering business on the territory of the City'.

Coronavirus measures: the terraces of restaurants and cafes are open until 10 pm (since 8 May).

Need help?

  • Horeca regulation on the territory of the City of Brussels (PDF, 305.84 KB) (in French)
  • Certificate of conformity

    Each catering business located on the territory of the City of Brussels must be in possession of a certificate of conformity:

    The entire administrative file must - at least 20 days before the opening - be submitted to the Horeca Unit. Some documents are necessary:

    Additional permits

    Additional permits may be needed for operating a catering business, in particular a:

    These permits can be obtained at the opening of the file at the Horeca Unit, by filling in the:

    In any case, these permits can only be granted if the business has a conformity certificate.