Foodservice - catering industry permits
Foodservice or catering businesses (horeca) on the territory of the City of Brussels are subject to specific regulations. The most important elements are included in the 'Regulation on the operation of a catering business on the territory of the City'.
Certificate of conformity
Each catering business located on the territory of the City of Brussels must be in possession of a certificate of conformity:
The entire administrative file must - at least 20 days before the opening - be submitted to the Horeca Unit. Some documents are necessary:
- Required documents (PDF, 137.24 KB) (in French)
Additional permits may be needed for operating a catering business, in particular a:
- permit for selling fermented beverages
- permit for selling spirits
- permit for the operation of games of chance
- permit for the placement of a terrace, terrace furniture, stands or displays on public roads (PDF, 1.22 MB) (regulation)
These permits can be obtained at the opening of the file at the Horeca Unit, by filling in the:
In any case, these permits can only be granted if the business has a conformity certificate.