Parental authorisation

When a minor travels abroad, either alone, accompanied by only one parent or by persons other than their parents, it is advisable to draw up a 'parental authorisation', attesting that the parents or the other parent have consented to the trip.

There is no Belgian or international form or procedure that sets out the rules for parental consent for the travel of minors.

To avoid any unpleasant surprises, find out about the documents required for children travelling alone or with only one parent from the embassy or consulate of your destination country and from your airline.

Your main residence must be located in the City of Brussels

Without appointment, at the counter of the Brucity Administrative Centre or the liaison offices of Laeken, Louise, Neder-Over-Heembeek and Haren.

Brucity: peak hours at the counters without appointment

Peak hours at the Brucity counters (with accessible table)

  • Identity card or residence permit
  • If the application is for a third party: power of attorney + copy of both sides of the applicant's ID card or residence card and the foreign travel authorisation document already completed and signed.

Free of charge