MyBXL unavailable from 8 pm to 10:30 pm

On Tuesday 28 November 2023, maintenance works will be carried out on the External site MyBXL citizen portal. Therefore, the portal and its tool for making appointments on this website will not be available from 8 pm to 10:30 pm.


Registration of a student (EU citizen)

Are you a European citizen or assimilated (national of Switzerland, Iceland, Lichtenstein or Norway), are you student and are you staying on the territory of the City of Brussels?

If you intend to reside in Belgium for more than three months and establish your main residence there, you must contact the municipal administration of the City of Brussels to register.

  • European citizen or assimilated
  • Establish your main residence on the territory of the City of Brussels (precise address: street name, house number, possible mailbox number)
  • Be a student enrolled in an educational establishment organised, recognised or subsidised by Belgium for the principal purpose of studying, including professional training

With an online taken appointment only, at the counter of the Administrative Centre of the City of Brussels or the liaison office of Louise.

Registration is done in several steps:

  • Application for registration certificate (Annex 19): once you have proved your EU citizenship or equivalent, you will be entered in the 'Waiting Register' and given your application for registration certificate. From that moment, you will have 3 months to provide all the required documents, unless you can produce them immediately. In this case, you will be issued with a provisional document certifying your registration (Annex 8ter) which is valid for 45 days.
  • Residence check: the police are responsible for carrying out this check. A neighbourhood officer will go to the declared address to establish your actual presence there. If the check is positive, you will be registered at the address and in the 'Register of Foreigners'.
  • EU card: when you have obtained your registration (annex 8ter) and the address check is positive, you can make an appointment to order your EU card.

  • National passport or national identity card
  • 1 recent (6 months maximum) External site ICAO compliant passport photo
  • Health care coverage in Belgium
  • Proof of your school enrolment (in an institution organised, recognised or subsidised by Belgium)
  • Proof that you have sufficient means of subsistence by declaration or other means

25 euros

As soon as the registration and the positive control at the address are obtained.

Last update on 31/10/2022

Link to the Your Europe portal

External site Give feedback on this page