Resident parking card
With a resident card you can park your car in the sector of your home, without putting your blue card or using the parking meters.
- Part-time unemployed
- Pension application
- Certain operations in the pedestrian zone
To make an appointment, please contact the service on 02 279 62 20, or 02 279 32 70 for the pedestrian zone.
To avoid as many direct contacts as possible, you can request the following documents online at any time:
- Civil status extracts (electronic document - free of charge): firstname.lastname@example.org (Tel.: 02 279 62 10)
- Extracts from the criminal record (document will be sent free of charge): email@example.com (Tel.: 02 279 62 20)
- Parking permits (electronic document - for a fee): firstname.lastname@example.org (Tel.: 02 279 62 20)
This card is intended for the following people:
- Natural persons registered in the population register or waiting list of the City of Brussels;
- Persons living on the territory of the City of Brussels, whose vehicle is registered abroad, may receive a temporary resident card during the application period for a Belgian registration certificate at the DIV (Federal Public Service Mobility and Transport - Department of Vehicle Registration) for a maximum of 3 months following the day of their application for registration in the population register of the City of Brussels
- Natural persons who have a second residence on the territory of the City of Brussels (for which the owner pays the municipal tax for second homes)
- Persons living on the territory of the City of Brussels who have a specific parking need as part of a car sharing system for persons recognized by Bruxelles Mobilité
- The resident parking card is linked to a number plate and only one resident parking card can be issued per vehicle.
- An exception to this rule is for vehicles that are used as part of a car sharing system for persons (recognized by Bruxelles Mobilité), provided that the vehicle is shared by at least three people, of which at least two are domiciled in one or more municipalities of the Brussels Capital Region.
- The vehicle for which the resident parking card is issued may not weigh more than 3.5 tonnes.
- The resident parking card is valid in grey, green, blue and event zones within the boundaries of the sector to which they are assigned.
- The ID card or a mandate with the ID card of the applicant in case he/she does not appear personally
- The registration card of the vehicle at the DIV (FPS Mobility and Transport) showing that the vehicle is registered in his/her name or that he/she permanently possesses it without being the owner
- For a lease vehicle: the proof of this lease that must explicitly state the name of the applicant
- For company cars: the company certificate stating that the applicant is the only user
- For the vehicle of a third person: the copy of the insurance policy stating that he/she is the main driver of the vehicle
- For a vehicle registered as part of a car sharing system by persons (recognized by Bruxelles Mobilité), the certificate/form provided by the administration
- A certificate of the Protocol Service of the Foreign Affairs Service if you are exempt from registration in the population register
A vehicle registered abroad?
Each person living in Belgium and possessing a vehicle registered abroad has to register the vehicle in Belgium. This person may obtain a resident card for up to 3 months, starting from his application for registration in the Population Register.
Only the categories of following persons can, subject to supplying all the documentary evidence, benefit from a parking card of 1 year:
- category 1: the vehicle which a foreign professional person rents to a person for a maximal duration of 6 months, not renewable
- category 2: every physical person who uses the vehicle for the exercise of his profession for a foreign owner to whom this person is bound by a contract of employment
- category 3: the vehicle driven by an official who lives in Belgium and who works for an international institution in another member state of the European Union
- category 4: the vehicle of which the owner is considered as a person temporarily absent (the fact of leaving the Belgian territory for a duration from 3 months to 1 year and for whom a declaration to the competent service of the municipality was introduced beforehand) and who has his parking in Belgium during no more than six months continuously
The rates of the resident parking card:
- 1st resident card: 10 euros for 1 year
- 2nd resident card: 50 euros for 1 year
- 3rd resident card or card second home: 250 euros for 1 year
- 5 days for a request by e-mail
- Immediately at the counter
The holder of a parking card is only authorized to park within the limits of the sector which is assigned to him:
List of streets per sector:
- sector Pentagon (PDF, 108.15 KB) (city centre)
- sector North (PDF, 149.43 KB)
- sector Schuman (PDF, 183.33 KB)
- sector Louise (PDF, 160.33 KB)
- sector Laeken (PDF, 215.91 KB)
- sector De Wand (PDF, 143.26 KB)
- sector Roosevelt Champ du Vert Chasseur (PDF, 78.29 KB)
- sector Croix du Feu (PDF, 73.44 KB)
What are the rules by parking zone?
There are also other municipal parking cards: