Winter Wonders and Christmas Market 2023
From 24 November to 31 December 2023, in the centre of Brussels.
The Winter Wonders event takes place before and during the Christmas holidays, at the Grand-Place and city centre of Brussels. Winter Wonders includes:
- External site Christmas market with more than 200 chalets
- External site Attractions: Ferris wheel, merry-go-rounds, curling and ice rink for skating (till 7 January),...
- Christmas tree (Grand-Place, till 7 January)
- Sound and light show (Grand-Place, till 7 January)
- External site Cultural activities
- External site Events: inauguration, choirs, Magic Sundays (magic at the Black Tower),...
- External site Winter Pop at various quarters of Brussels
Please note: the events at the Grand-Place (Christmas tree and sound and light show), the Place De Brouckère (ice rink and curling rinks) and Place de la Monnaie are extended until Sunday 7 January 2024.
- Each day from 12h to 22h
- On Sunday 24 and 31 December 2023 from 12h to 18h
Éloge de l'air (Mont des Arts): an installation dedicated to travel and intercontinental collaboration while embodying the idea of movement. There are 9 swings with 2 seats, topped with a golden flag which activates lights.
Afterski @ ice rink (Place De Brouckère): a DJ set will keep skating fans entertained with a programme which reflects Brussels' diversity of music.
Entertainment for kids (Black Tower): tales and other delights create a magical atmosphere in a dreamy setting of the 'Enchanted House'.
- Afterschool (Wednesdays): storytelling, mascots, street art and other surprises on stage and at the 'Enchanted House'
- Magic Sundays (Sundays): performances by magicians
Guided tours of the City Hall: guided visits of the building which has been the centre of political and administrative life for over 600 years.
View Tower Experience: discover the tower of the City Hall for a 360-degree panoramic view of Brussels.
Winter Tunes: concerts at the Sainte-Catherine Church and the Cathedral of St. Michael and St. Gudula. The programme includes organ, string instruments, carillon and choirs.
This year, the 11 Indigenous Nations of Quebec are the guests of honour at Winter Wonders. The village dedicated to them in front of the Bourse will give visitors a unique experience in the Shaputuan tent, with an enhanced programme on Fridays. More info:
Visit the website: External site Winter Wonders