Winter Wonders and Christmas Market 2021
From 26 November 2021 to 2 January 2022, in the centre of Brussels.
This wristband is mandatory for every visitor aged 16 and older and will be valid for one day. It is available after checking the CST and ID card at 10 Winter Wonders locations. More info on the health measures below.
The Winter Wonders event takes place before and during the Christmas holidays, at the Grand-Place and city centre of Brussels. Winter Wonders includes:
- a Christmas market with more than 200 chalets
- fairground attractions (Ferris wheel, merry-go-rounds,...)
- an ice rink for skating (Place de Brouckère)
- a large Christmas tree (Grand-Place)
- a sound and light show (Grand-Place)
- cultural activities, screenings and video mappings
- Winter Pop at the Marolles, Neder-Over-Heembeek, the Square Ambiorix and Laeken
- Winter Wonders at the Bois de la Cambre
The City of Brussels and the organizers are in permanent contact with the competent authorities and closely monitor every decision regarding the health situation.
Each day from 12h to 22h (except Fridays 24 and 31 December: from 12h to 18h)
- The Covid Safe Ticket is in effect at Winter Wonders.
- A wristband is mandatory for all visitors aged 16 and over (valid for one day) who want to eat or drink something, make purchases and enjoy the Winter Wonders attractions. This wristband is available at ten points along the course after checking the QR code that indicates that the CST is valid, in combination with an ID check.
- Visitors must get a new wristband every day at one of the collection points. The chalets where the wristbands are available (PDF, 2.29 MB) are open every day from 11 am to 9 pm.
- It is possible to test yourself at the event (the exact location will be communicated soon).
- Wearing a face mask is mandatory from the age of 10 at all Winter Wonders locations (PDF, 1.52 MB)
- In many places along the course, hydroalcoholic gel is available to disinfect the hands.
- Markers on the ground simplify the organization of the queues and indicate the walking direction (with arrows and separation). Visitors are requested to keep to the right.
- For the terraces, the outside horeca regulations and place restrictions apply. The 'social bubbles' must be respected.
- The face mask obligation also applies to the traders and operators at the Christmas market, together with the obligation to regularly disinfect their hands.
Rules on the skating rink
On the ice rink, which is limited to 200 people on 800 m², the Covid Safe Ticket is checked for everyone from 16 years old. The entrances and exits are separated from each other and a skating direction must be respected.
As part of the European Year of Rail and the Europalia Festival, Winter Wonders offers a series of new activities and events related to trains and travel:
- Video mapping Behind the Walls (Place du Musée)
- Audiovisual installation Galaxy Express (Carrefour de l'Europe)
- Fresco Discursive Mechanisms (Boulevard Anspach)
- Creators Factory sustainable market (Anspach Gallery)
- Digital experience Copernicus (Central Station)
- Après-ski village (Place de la Monnaie)
For the first time, the City of Brussels is bringing Winter Wonders to the Bois de la Cambre, with lots of events: an ice rink, merry-go-rounds, curling and toboggan runs, monumental light installations,...
- Bois de la Cambre - Winter Wonders (from 3 December to 9 January)
Next video shows the teaser of Winter Wonders 2021 (the video contains no dialogue or text):