Winter Wonders and Christmas Market 2019
From 29 November 2019 till 5 January 2020 in the centre of Brussels.
The Winter Wonders event takes place before and during the Christmas holidays, at the Grand-Place in Brussels and around the Bourse, the Place de la Monnaie, the Place Sainte-Catherine, the Place de Brouckère and the Marché aux Poissons.
Winter Wonders includes:
- a Christmas market with more than 200 chalets
- fairground attractions (Ferris wheel, merry-go-rounds,...)
- a covered ice rink for skating (Place de Brouckère)
- a Christmas tree and sound and light show on the Grand-Place
- video mapping (projections at the Sainte-Catherine Church and casino Boulevard Anspach)
- The Dome: high-tech 360° immersive installation (Place de la Monnaie)
- Winter Pop (popup village during 4 weekends: Square Ambiorix, Marolles, Neder-Over-Heembeek and Laeken)
- parades and events: inauguration (29 November), World AIDS Day (30 November), Make-A-Wish, light parades, brass bands, Brussels Vintage Market (1 and 8 December), Zumba Flash Mob Party (21 December), RTL fanfare (27 December)
- activities for children (with also a Baby Corner at the Place de Brouckère 4)
Manneken-Pis, who is celebrating his 400th anniversary, is the guest of honor of Winter Wonders 2019.
- 400 years Manneken-Pis: Christmas tree in black-yellow-red, Xmas Party with DJ Daddy K at the Grand-Place (19 December), treasure hunt on the course of Winter Wonders
Next video shows a teaser of Winter Wonders 2019 (the video contains no dialogue or text, only a background music):