As a Belgian citizen, you must have an ID card. This card, usually valid for 10 years, proves that you are registered in the population register. The card with electronic chip also gives you access to online services (e-government, tax-on-web,...). In the EU Member States and some other countries, the eID can also be used as a travel document. The municipality will contact you for the renewal of the ID card.
How to apply?
- Make an appointment (except for the collection of ID cards)
- Old ID card
- A recent photo (maximum 6 months old), in accordance with ICAO standards
- 25 euros (normal procedure)
- 120 euros (urgent procedure)
- 150 euros (very urgent procedure)
- Payment preferably with Bancontact
- 2 to 3 weeks (normal procedure)
- 2 working days if the application is made before 15h (in urgent procedure)
- 1 working day if the application is made before 15h (in very urgent procedure)