The eID is the electronic identity card issued to all Belgians over the age of 12.
Equipped with an electronic chip, this ID card allows you to:
- prove your identity
- access online services (MyBXL, Tax-on-web, numerous e-government applications)
- sign documents electronically
- travel within the European Union
Having your main residence on the territory of the City of Brussels
You must go in person to apply for and collect your identity card (for fingerprinting and verification).
- Application for an identity card: only by appointment (except for applications under the very urgent procedure), at the counter of the Administrative Centre of the City of Brussels or at the liaison offices in Laeken, Louise, Neder-Over-Heembeek and Haren.
- Collecting an identity card: without an appointment at the counter where the application was submitted.
We will call you to renew your identity card.
Brucity: peak hours at the counters without appointment
- Old identity card
- A recent passport photo (maximum 6 months old) in accordance with External site ICAO standards
- Normal procedure: 25 euros
- Very urgent procedure: 150 euros
- Renewal following a 2nd loss/theft: 50 euros
- Renewal following a 3rd loss/theft: 150 euros
- Normal procedure: 2 to 3 weeks
- Very urgent procedure: the next day, if the request is made before 3 pm. Outside the opening hours of the administration, you can, on request, collect your card at the FPS Home Affairs, located at Park Atrium, Rue Montagne du Parc 1-4 - 1000 Brussels.
Last update on 31/10/2022