Les Marolles sustainable district contract
The Marolles is the 17th district contract in the City of Brussels.
The perimeter of the Marolles sustainable district contract has been extended by the Brussels Capital Region.
The perimeter is located along the following route: the Rue des Tanneurs from the Boulevard du Midi, the Rue St Ghislain, the Rue Blaes, the Place de la Chapelle, the Rue Haute, the Rue des Chandeliers, the Rue de la Samaritaine, the Rue du Temple, the Rue des Minimes, the Rue du Faucon, the Rue Wynants, the Rue aux Laines, the Rue Héger-Bordet, the Boulevard de Waterloo and the Boulevard du Midi to the crossing with the Rue des Tanneurs.
The Marolles sustainable district contract launches the first edition (2019) of the call for citizens' initiatives Made in Marolles to support the residents and associations that want to improve life in their neighborhood. A support of 500 to 8,000 euros will be made available for the most ambitious and creative projects.
Download the regulation and fill in the application form (before 31 May 2019):
- Call for projects by citizens 2019 - regulation (PDF, 334.77 KB) (in French)
- Form in PDF: Call for projects by citizens 2019 - form (PDF, 600.47 KB)
- Form in Word: Call for projects by citizens 2019 - form (DOCX, 694.58 KB)
- Call for projects by citizens 2019 - regulation (PDF, 344.03 KB) (in Dutch)
- Form in PDF: Call for projects by citizens 2019 - form (PDF, 741.60 KB)
- Form in Word: Call for projects by citizens 2019 - form (DOCX, 691.35 KB)
- Call for projects by citizens 2019 - Made in Marolles - flyer (PDF, 1.89 MB) (in French and Dutch)
How to be part of the jury?
- Call for candidates for the jury of the "Call for projects Made in Marolles" (PDF, 238.90 KB) (in French)
Need help? Make an appointment:
- 02 279 25 94
Operation 5.03 of the socio-economic program of the district contract provides for an operation called 'revaluation of public neighborhood spaces'. This project aims at financing the actions related to the animation, the revaluation, the activation and the appropriation of public spaces through a local participation procedure.
To participate, candidates must submit their application file(s) no later than 1 October 2019 before midnight.
The City of Brussels and the Brussels Capital Region (14.125.000 euros) invest in the renovation of the Marolles quarter over a period of 50 months, from 2018 to 2022.
30 additional months are provided for the execution of the works (2022-2024). The dynamic nature of the district contract thus continues after 4 years: renovation works for public space and the construction of homes and infrastructure.
The publications of the Marolles district contract are only available in Dutch and French.