New citizen portal MyBXL
The MyBXL citizen portal is a platform that replaces the old e-desk and offers every resident of the City of Brussels his or her 'secure personal online space'.
MyBXL provides direct access to several procedures that are regularly carried out by the City:
- Population certificates (family composition, residence, life,...) that were already available online via the e-desk
- Criminal Record Extracts
- Extracts from Civil Registry certificates (birth, marriage, divorce,... certificates)
- Asking for greening of the public space: planting a climber on a street-facing façade, a planter (at the foot of the façade), planting in a decorative container, creating a micro-garden
- Other services such as rat extermination, graffiti reporting and collection of bulky waste at home
And that's just the beginning. Over time, the portal will expand and personalize its catalog. In the long run it will provide access to a large number of the City's products in just a few clicks.
How to use MyBXL?
The video shows how to use the MyBXL portal (the video contains text in French):
- Transcription of the MyBXL video (PDF, 67.75 KB)
Why a new tool?
This tool is part of the BXL20/21 smart city project, which includes a series of initiatives, the most visible of which is undoubtedly the future Administrative Centre. Each of these initiatives aims to:
- the reception and handling of requests from citizens
- the effectiveness of working methods
- the well-being of the staff